Lately the laundry room has become a dumping ground for my husband’s things. When the room that receives the most traffic gets out of control, you have to take a moment and try to tidy it up. It took me 20 minutes to get the space under control.
5 STEPS TO ORGANIZE THE LAUNDRY ROOM:
- Eliminate all the things that do not belong in the laundry room. I put my dog’s supplies and husband’s stuff in the garage. Also throw away things you no longer need. I threw away an empty bottle of soap.
- Find a permanent home for the things that do not belong in the room. I placed my husbands extra plastic bags and newspapers in the garage in a box.
- Put things in baskets. I put all the water bottles in the baskets (left side of the image).
- Limit the amount of shoes stored in the room (not shown in picture). Each of my kids and husband are able to store 2 pairs of their shoes in the laundry room. Extra shoes (like snow boots) were placed in the garage or in closets.
- Wipe down the counters, floors, washer, dryer, and doors. The laundry room no longer has any dust and looks clean.
I have to save another day to go through the cabinets and get the shelves organized. 🙂 The item below the shelf is the StinkBoss—which helps eliminate odors from shoes.