With school starting up again, this is a simple recipe to cook for the family in less than 30 minutes.
When I was learning to cook my cousin told me to buy taco seasoning mix and cook it with beef. Since I don’t eat beef or pork I just substituted the beef for turkey. If you don’t want to eat the seasoned ground turkey with tacos or a tortilla, you can eat it with rice. If you want bigger servings you can warm / cook up a larger tortilla and the turkey tacos will now be turkey burritos.
Either way your family will enjoy this quick meal. Make Tuesdays or Thursdays your turkey tacos night!
- Oil (vegetable or oil of your choice)
- 1 package of ground turkey
- 1 packet of Taco Seasoning Mix (Old El Paso, 1oz)
- 2/3 Cup Water
- Shredded Cheese (in the video I used slices of Tillamook Sharp Cheddar or use your favorite cheese)
- Mixed Salad
- Salsa (Organic Jack's Cantina Style Salsa or your favorite salsa)
- Tortillas (corn or flour)
- Oil the 10-inch skillet.
- Brown turkey in skillet; drain.
- Stir in water and seasoning mix; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 3 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until thickened.
- While cooking ground turkey, warm up a skillet or grill to heat up tortillas.
- Spoon turkey filling into tortillas.
- Add cheese, mixed greens, and salsa to tortillas.
- Fold tortillas in half and serve when the ingredients are warmed up and the cheese looks melted.