This toaster oven is my most used appliance in my home. If you are in the market for a new toaster oven, I’d recommend Breville’s the Smart Oven®. I bought this oven several years ago and now the Breville has created the Smart Oven Plus (which has a slow cook preset) and the Smart Oven Pro (which has a slow cook preset and light). Aside from the slow cook preset and light, the different Smart Ovens are the same (from size to the other features).
The Smart Oven and the Smart Oven Plus are listed at the same price so it’s a no brainer to purchase the Plus version (since it includes a slow cook preset function). If you want to spend an additional $20 to have a light in the oven, you can purchase the Smart Oven Pro.
This review is on the Smart Oven since this is the product that I’ve owned for years and am a very satisfied customer.
FEATURES OF THE SMART OVEN
- I was initially drawn to this oven based on the user interface. It is very easy to use, turn the knob to the correct preset, turn the knob to adjust the temperature and press START.
- It is easy to read because of the digital display.
- Because the toaster oven is small and has a convection feature, it heats much quicker than my traditional convection oven so it’s my go to oven to cook snacks like cookies, nuggets, taquitos, or pizza.
- I love that it can fit a 13″ pizza in the oven because the oven has a curved backing to fit pizza trays. At the time, all toaster ovens were basically rectangle and not large enough to put a pizza in it.
- It has nine preset features:
- The newer versions (Plus and Pro) has the Slow Cook feature
- This is the only toaster oven that I’ve owned that does everything well. Previously I’ve always owned a Black and Decker toaster oven which was more like a toaster than an oven. The Smart Oven is more like an oven than a toaster and I love that it’s on my kitchen counter and is used daily.
If you are in the market for a new toaster oven get the Smart Oven. Actually get the Smart Oven Plus since they are the same price and you get a slow cook feature which is an added bonus.
Purchasing this oven was my first Breville appliance. Since then I’ve become a huge Breville fan and have bought eight of their cooking gadgets [Tea Maker, Milk Cafe, the Breville Sous Chef, the Smart Grill, the Scraper Mixer Pro, the Smart Waffle Pro 4 Slice, the Control Grip, and the Personal Pie (which is no longer sold)] . Before purchasing I always read reviews and compare their products to their competitors. Breville really thinks about the user and usability when creating these appliances/gadgets. I’m really drawn to their thoughtful design since I’m a huge fan of usability which stems from my web design background.
Thanks Breville for making great products!
(DISCLOSURE: If you purchase anything from links on this post, I may receive an affiliate commission. However, I only mention products I love, use, and would recommend whether I was compensated or not. Please read my disclosure for more info.)