My favorite slow cooker recipe is the Shredded BBQ Chicken which I originally got from America’s Test Kitchen, but made it less spicier for my kids and easier by using a whole bottle of BBQ sauce. Alter the recipe to fit the tastes of your family 🙂 .
SLOW COOKER COOKING FOR BBQ CHICKEN
Why cook in a slow cooker (or a crock pot)? Slow cooker cooking is my favorite type of cooking since I don’t have to be at my kitchen the entire time. I can prepare the meal and once I stick all the ingredients in the slow cooker, I can leave it for several hours and run errands without worrying about the meal getting burnt or burning the house the down. I sometimes alter recipes so I can cook it in a slow cooker. It also makes your home smell yummy especially when cooking BBQ Chicken. Overall, cooking in a slow cooker makes my life easier 🙂 . This meal is perfect to make if your weekend is full of activities and you don’t have the time to prepare lunch or dinner. This recipe is for all those busy parents out there and for anyone who loves BBQ chicken.
15 minPrep Time
5 hrCook Time
5 hr, 15 Total Time
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (use up to 1/4 teaspoon if you want it spicier)
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs and breasts (use what you prefer, I only use breasts since I prefer white meat)
- 1 bottle (18 oz) of your favorite BBQ sauce (I use Bull's Eye BBQ sauce)
- Mix chili powder, paprika, cayenne in a dish with a brush.
- Season boneless, skinless chicken with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Brush the mixed chili powder, paprika, cayenne on the chicken on both sides.
- Pour 1/2 of BBQ sauce in the slow cooker. Transfer chicken to slow cooker.
- Pour the rest of BBQ sauce over the chicken and toss to coat.
- Cover and cook until chicken is tender, 4 to 6 hours on low. (I cook for 5 hours on low).
- Once chicken is cooked, shred chicken with fork.
- Serve BBQ chicken with rice or make sliders by placing chicken in a King's Hawaiian Sweet Roll.