I was never interested in installing a storm door in my house. It just sounds silly to install a glass door in front of a door.
I asked around and it sounds like a CO thing to do. Growing up in CA I never saw a storm door since the weather is always nice. After living with the storm door for several months now I have to say that I really love it and would recommend getting one installed in your home. We bought a Larson Secure Elegance Brown Full-View Laminated Safety Security Storm Door at Lowes.
THE BENEFITS OF A SECURITY GLASS STORM DOOR:
- Cold draft air from the outside doesn’t seep from the sides of the door and into the house.
- You can open your door any time (during the four seasons) to let the outdoor light flood into the house and still feel safe since the security glass door is locked.
- Provides additional light from the outside which brightens up my home and makes me feel happy. 🙂
- When hosting a party, people know you’re home and feel invited to come inside.
- When someone rings the doorbell, I feel more secure when I open the door. If I don’t know the person at the front door I talk to them with the glass door shut and locked. This way I don’t miss my neighbors or friends who sometimes ring my doorbell. Before I would never answer the door at all because there are always solicitors in my neighborhood even if we have a “no soliciting” sign in my neighborhood.
- The glass storm door is secure because it’s difficult to break the glass. Hence it is called a security glass storm door.
If you are on the fence about installing a storm door, just get one and have it professionally installed if you don’t have the time to do it yourself. You won’t regret it.