If you are traveling for less than a week, I recommend bringing a tote bag.
How do you define less than a week?
Basically longer than a weekend but less than seven days.
How do you pack your tote bag?
I research the weather of the location I am visiting. Since it’s in the 80s for the high and 60s for the low, I only need to pack light weight outfits.
I organize like items in Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Organizers and sort items by using different colors. After viewing the photo below, I ended up switching the color of the undergarment bag to a white one (instead of the lime green) to match the outfit bag. That way I know that all the clothes are in white bags. Orange bags are used for gadgets.
WHAT ITEMS DO I PACK IN MY TOTE BAG?
- Laptop (so I can continue to work and blog wherever I am 🙂 ). Unfortunately I don’t have a backlog of stories and currently write the day before or the day I have the stories go live.
- Outfits (one outfit for each day I’m staying. These are packed in the Eagle Creek Pack-It Specter Garment Folder Small)
- Undergarments (underwear, bras, and sleepwear)
- Purse (sunshades, wallet, lip gloss, lipstick, and brow pencil)
- Miscellaneous (items you feel necessary to bring. I packed my sanitary items like toilet paper, antibacterial wipes, travel kleenex tissues, and hat)
- Toiletries (like shaver, comb, toothbrush, etc)
- Liquid Toiletries (anything liquid that is in a clear plastic bag for easy removal during security screening in the airport. Items carried are sunscreen and mainly items for my face as well as lotion, hand sanitizer, eye drops, etc)
- Gadget Cords (5-Port high speed USB charger, portable power strip with 4 AC outlets, Amazon Kindle Voyage, laptop adapter, adapter cords for various devices like my watch, reading tablet, portable USB charger, and stand for phone)
- Main Gadgets (Phone, portable USB charger, noise cancelling headphones, external lenses for the phone (olloclip lens), and usb cord for phone)
Although the gadget (orange bags) are small, try to limit what you pack in them because these gadget bags are heavy, including the laptop.
RELATED STORIES THAT HELPED ME CHOOSE WHICH ITEMS TO PACK:
- Essential Travel Items (I carried most of my essential items minus some comfort items)
- How to Get Some Sleep While Traveling (since I didn’t plan on sleeping on the plane I only brought noise reducing headsets)