Be more aware of what you are consuming on a daily basis. You can help boost your brain power and easily decrease your risk of alzheimer’s disease by over 50% by following this mind diet. If you have alzheimer’s in your family I’d definitely consider changing up your diet to include the foods listed below.
FOODS TO EAT ON THIS MIND DIET:
- Eat leafy greens six times a week (which includes romaine lettuce, kale, spinach, collards). It’s recommended to have a salad a day plus one other vegetable per day.
- Eat fruits that are specific to berries (blueberries, strawberries, etc). It’s recommended to have fruits at least twice a week.
- Eat beans. It’s recommended to eat them every other day or 3-4 times a week. It has folate, B vitamins, and fiber that we need.
- Consume nuts like almonds. It’s a good snack to snack on almost daily. It’s recommended to eat at least five times a week.
- Eat whole grain. Getting at least three ounces of whole grain per day. A portion is 1/2 a cup or 1 slice of bread.
- Serving of alcohol per day was found to be preventative (such as red wine). With the recommended one serving of only 5 ounces.
- Eat fish. Eating it at least once a week for the brain.
- Eat poultry. Eating it at least twice a week.
- Using olive oil when cooking (fish or poultry).
FOODS TO LIMIT:
- Red meat. Keeping it to no more than four servings per week.
- Cheese. Eating it only once a week.
- Fried and fast food
If you follow these guidelines modestly you will significantly improve your brain power. Personally, I think it’s ok to eat some of the foods like cheese and pastries as long as you eat it in moderation. Moderation is the key. Good luck increasing your brain power![Source: Farrell, Suzanne. “Nutrition Coach — Foods to Boost Brain Power.” Nutrition Coach — Foods to Boost Brain Power. KWGN. Denver, Colorado, 2 Oct. 2015. Web. 13 Oct. 2015.]