I love crab but only colossal king crab legs. Because purchasing colossal king crab legs are expensive, I only get to eat it on a special occasion. These crab legs can be prepared by various ways such as steaming it (making sure the legs are not submerged in the water) for roughly 8-10 minutes but the recipe below is how my mom has been cooking it for decades and is my favorite way of preparing it quickly.
12 minCook Time
12 minTotal Time
- Colossal King Crab Legs (typically 2 per adult and 1 per child)
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Make sure the colossal king crab legs are FROZEN.
- Place the crab legs on a tray and put in the 450 oven.
- Heat for 8-10 min or when you smell the crab.
- After smelling the crab permeate the room. Heat for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove the crab meat from the shell using a sharp knife to score the crab shell in the middle. The crab should be moist and hot. If it's still cold, place the crab back in the oven for 1 minute.
- Serve with rice and drizzle crab meat with lemon / butter sauce.
- LEMON / BUTTER SAUCE:
- Melt a stick of butter in a sauce pan.
- Squeeze some lemon into the melted butter and add to taste.