I got to go on a cruise with my ENTIRE family (my parents, siblings and their families, and my family) to Alaska and went on the Radiance of the Seas ship that left from Vancouver, Canada.
The Alaska cruising itinerary included:
- DAY 1: Vancouver, British Columbia
- DAY 2: Cruising: Inside Passage
- DAY 3: Ketchikan, Alaska
- DAY 4: Icy Strait Point, Alaska
- DAY 5: Juneau, Alaska
- DAY 6: Skagway, Alaska
- DAY 7: Cruising: Hubbard Glacier
- DAY 8: Seward, Alaska
Truth be told, I didn’t have any spending money to do some excursions in Alaska because of my Paris trip. But I was content on hanging out with the family. It’s always fun getting all the siblings and cousins together no matter where we are.
If I did have extra money I would have definitely done the following:
- The dog sled ride: You get to ride a helicopter which takes you to where the dogs are and you get to ride on a dog sled. It sounded pretty cool and a fun thing to do in Alaska.
- Maybe catch a whale watching excursion. Fortunately my husband was able to see a whale next to the ship (which happened early morning and I’m not a morning person so yeah I missed seeing the whale).
One thing I would change if I could is to bring rain boots for my kids and bring a waterproof jacket or a stylish waterproof poncho.
I didn’t realize that Alaska is a rainforest. Who knew? 🙂 It was raining a lot on the day we were doing a tour around Ketchikan. I don’t have a problem with rain. Unfortunately I didn’t dress my kids properly and our clothes were completely soaked. Apparently all the jackets I brought were water resistant and not waterproof. That little mishap didn’t prevent us from enjoying the rest of the day. That’s what’s great about traveling on a ship that’s like a hotel on the sea. You can get right back on board and change into dry clothes and continue on.
Overall, Alaska is a very pretty state with plenty of wildlife. It reminded me of the Rocky Mountain National Park. Even if we saw Alaska in the fog and heavy rains, our family had a wonderful time because we were all together. You can’t go wrong being on a ship with unlimited food and fun activities. Check out the video above and see for yourself.